So, Connor's been running a fever of 102 since Monday now. Along with a snotty nose and grumpy attitude. I knew he was teething, but this isn't like him to be cranky. Last night I was up with him from 8pm - 12am nonstop crying. Nothing made him happy or helped. I tried Tylenol, teething tablets, cold wet wash cloth... everything. Anyway so today he was grumpy and during nap time he would wake up every 15 minutes crying. So we went into the pediatrician to have him checked out. I don't want to be one of those mom's who freak out and drag their kid in at the slightest sign of a cold, but this just isn't normal for him. He has 4 teeth already and handled them just fine so it seemed like it was more than just teething. And... I was right! One time I wish I wasn't right though. He has an ear infection, virual infection in his throat and 2 teeth breaking through. Poor guy!! But at least we're on antibiotics now so hopefully he'll start feeling better soon and his fever will go away. Jason left work on Monday to pick him up, I took Tuesday and today off... and it looks like I'll have to miss tomorrow too. Ugh! There goes all my vacation time. Pediatrician said he should be feeling better and the
fever should be down by Friday so he can go back to daycare then. On a side note I'm really happy to know this isn't just teething cause we still have a mouth full of teeth and 2 years to go and this was not a pleasant experience!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment