Saturday, April 19, 2014

day 2

My parents came into town on Friday to meet their new grandson.  They spent the night at our house to watch Connor over the night, while Jason stayed at the hospital with me and our new little guy.  Jason went home on Saturday morning so he could take Connor to the Easter Egg Hunt at our local park.  Afterwards him and Connor came to the hospital to see us.




After taking my OB clinical in nursing school I learned that it's beneficial to wait 24 hours before giving a newborn a bath.  The white vernix that covers their skin at birth has several antibacterial and infection resistance properties.  As well as the immune properties it is also a great skin moisturizer.  So, we waited 24 hours for the bath and our nursing aid, Kim gave his first bath.


He wasn't fond of the bath, but he did enjoy the spa treatment under the heat lamp afterwards.
Aunt Staci came to visit.
more snuggles skin to skin with my little man

Grandma and Grandpa came by to see him again too.
Connor checking out his Easter Basket.  He's really into Rescue Bots (Transformers) right now.  In his Easter basket he got some candy and 2 rescue bots- Boulder and Bumble Bee and a fun activity book. His little brother also had a present to greet him on Friday- Optimus Prime. 

Connor was sick for several weeks prior to our C/S date, but actually got over his cold right before the birth... and Jason caught it days before the birth.  So, to protect our new little guy Jason wore a mask when he was around him.  We also limited his contact with the little guy... which meant that I was pretty much with the little guy 24-7 for the first several days, while Jason hung out in the background.  The picture above is our little guy getting his hearing test done.  The evening of the second day I started having some cramping pains.  I took ibuprofen, which fixed the problem and I for the next couple days I used ibuprofen occasionally when I would start having cramping pains.  I never used anything stronger that ibuprofen though.
My friend Olesya came to visit with her two daughters, Eva and Nina and her husband, Roman.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails