Tuesday, May 28, 2019

braces

The boys playing with their drones.  Both of them have gotten pretty good at flying them now.  Although Kaiden still crash lands his.



 Kaiden and Landry drawing with chalk.  Connor and Raheem having an in depth discussion.  Then the boys showing Landry and Raheem their "roly poly (pill bug) condo," otherwise known as my flower pots that I'm not allowed to plant anything in now that the boys have taken them over for their bugs.  LOL




 Above is Piper playing her favorite game... catch me if you can with all the boys.  She's so fast!
Below is Connor before and after his braces.  He only has braces on the top teeth for the first 6 months and then he'll get the bottom braces added.  He chose bright rainbow colors for his bands.  The first few days were rough.  He got the braces put on after school Tuesday.  I had to come to his school Wednesday to help put wax on the back brackets because they were bothering him so much.  Then Thursday morning I put some throat numbing spray on his gums before school and that seemed to help for a little bit, but again I got called to come to school because he was in pain.  I stopped by the pharmacy and bought some orthodontic numbing cream designed to help ease the pain of orthodontic work and took that to school, along with some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and help with pain.  That seemed to do the trick.  I gave him a couple more doses of the ibuprofen and cream and by Friday he was completely fine.  He didn't need the wax or anything.  He's so good about brushing his teeth after he eats too.  I can't wait to see his gorgeous smile!






 


Connor's 4th grade class pictures

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails