On July 14, 2020 I injured my right shoulder while helping another RN, Natalia move her patient. I went to the ED and had an x-ray done. 8 days later I saw occupation medicine who assigned physical therapy. I did physical therapy 2x per week, but my shoulder was getting worse. I begged for a MRI to be done, but apparently L&I won't approve imaging until you "try PT first without success." 2 weeks after the accident I started working as a Monitor Tech as light duty at work. I finally got a MRI 8-27-2020. Originally they thought I had bursitis, tendonitis and impingement. The MRI confirmed the impingement and also showed severe adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). Instead of doing strength training at physical therapy they changed to stretching the capsule out. Massage therapy was also added. Now I'm finally getting results and gaining range of motion. I'm scheduled to see a sports medicine orthopedic to see if a cortisone injection into my shoulder would be beneficial. I'm ready for this to be healed and the pain to stop. After therapy before the MRI was done I had to have a Game Ready ice machine ice my shoulder for 15 minutes. Its still painful now, but at least it only hurts when I'm stretching it out and with certain movements... not all the time like before. I even had to make a ice pack with sleeve when I worked the monitor tech because it hurt so bad.
below is also one of Connor's lego creations. He still loves Lego's and spends most of his free time either creating and playing with Lego's or reading a book. He's become a great reader and loves to read now.
No comments:
Post a Comment