We had a low key New Years Eve this year. Jasper helped me make 3.5 dozen mini cheese cakes and we spent the day relaxing. That evening J and I watched the movie Four Christmas's and laughed until J's sides hurt. I made New York style cheese cakes but in mini form so everyone could have their favorite topping: plain, Apple, Caramel Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Chocolate and Cherry Chocolate. I think the chocolate was the biggest hit.
We celebrated Christmas with the Kortus's at our house. I made a turkey dinner with all the fixens, a new green bean casserole recipe (which was a big hit), stuffed mushrooms for the appetizer, some new yummy salads Nana brought and the mini cheese cakes for desert. Everything turned out really delicious!
John and Laura
Present time!
Madi opened her first present (one of the many books she got) and was all ready to settle in and start reading. We had to make her put the book down and keep opening presents.
John and Ryan. I just love his little boots! So cute.
After presents the kids (Madi, Livi, Lil' C and J) all headed down to the play room to have some fun. Lil' C, or as I've been calling him now- Jasper is setting the mood for play time with some wonderful music.
Livi thought his play room was pretty neat! She had fun testing out all his toys with him. Here they were playing in his ball pit.
Slam Dunk! Nana and Papa got him a basketball hoop for Christmas and he's already pretty good at making shots!
I'm not sure who had more fun playing with his basketball hoop... him or the other kids (J included). Madi and J played Basketball-Hockey.
Then Madi and Livi broke into ballpit war. They built forts and tried to destroy the other person's fort with the ballpit balls. This is Madi's fort built out of mega blocks and Jaspers table.
And Livi's fort made out of Jaspers tent, pillows and blankets.
The War!
The girls tackling each other after the war. The kids had a lot of fun in the playroom! They were down there playing for hours.
Family photo =)
Jasper reading a book to Papa before bedtime. We had a wonderful Christmas!
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment