Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow Day

It snowed all day Tuesday.  My neighbor said we were suppose to get 12 inches.  I didn't measure, but a foot sounds about right.  Jason spent Monday and Tuesday in Texas and will be in North Carolina Wednesday- Friday.  I loaned our snow blower to our neighbor and had planned on attempting to unbury our driveway during Connor's nap on Wednesday.  To my surprise and delight I woke up Wednesday morning to a completely clear driveway.  Our neighbor had unburied their driveway and ours.  We have the absolute sweetest neighbors ever!  That wasn't any easy task.  Even with a snow blower it's tough when you have 12 inches of wet snow.  Jon and Vicki, we owe you big time!  Thank you sooo much!

After a nice warm breakfast Connor and I decided to venture outside to explore all this new snow.  Since we had a really mild winter last year (we only had snow for 2 weeks) I bought all his snow gear 1 size bigger than we actually needed.  It worked out great... we used it a couple time last winter and it fits perfect for this winter.

 First on Connor's list... break in the new sled!  There is a pull rope attached to the front, so it was my job to pull him up and down our road.  We made 3 trips down our road to the mail box and back to our house.
 Then it was time to check out this wet snow
 I had to shovel our stairs and clean up a few icy spots in the driveway.  Connor waited for me patiently as long as a 2 year old can...  then I heard "Come on Mom, jeez"  I look over and he's sprawled out almost laying down on his sled waiting for me to pull him up and down the road again.  Silly kid
 Our first snowman of the season


 Shhh don't tell Jason, but we borrowed some junk I mean stuff from his shop to decorate the snowman.  His arms are wrenches and the buttons up the front and the red do-hickies for his mouth are all thing-a-majigs from Jason's work bench.  Don't worry though honey, we put everything back after we took the picture.
 What a fun day in the snow.  We spent about 2-3 hours playing outside and when we came inside and stripped off all our snow gear... Connor was toasty warm from his head to his toes!

1 comment:

Tantie said...

He looks so big in these pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails