Everywhere you go...
We put up our fake tree. Connor helped strategically place all the ornaments.For a while anyway, then he joined Jason and Lauren, who sat at the table and watched me decorate. Jason put our outside lights up too. He's decided this is the last year we're using the icicle lights. Connor told him next year we need purple lights on the house (his favorite color).
our Christmas tree
So, lately we've been playing musical beds. Connor's always been great about sleeping in his own bed, until recently. He's been waking up scared and climbing in bed with me... in whatever bed I'm sleeping in that night. Jason and I sleep in separate bedrooms. I know that sounds strange to some, but Jason has restless leg syndrome and thrashes around in his sleep. And I don't mean he just kicks his feet either... he THRASHES! Besides that we have completely different sleep habits... I need complete quiet (notice the ear plugs) and dark with soft flannel sheets. Jason on the other hand sleeps better with the TV or music playing in the background, hardly any blankets and a fan blowing in his face. Different stroke for different folks. We came to the conclusion 11 years ago (after trying to compromise) that we both just sleep better in separate rooms. That's not to say we don't still snuggle... we just part ways right before we drift off into slumber. Connor's sleep habits are a combination of ours... he's a very light sleeper like me, so he sleeps best with soft music playing in the background. He also thrashes in his sleep like his dad. It's not uncommon to find him upside down in his bed, with his feet on the pillow. Although he is getting better and tossing less. Anyway, we think we figured out what's scaring Connor. His new Spiderman decals that we put on the walls glow. I think the glowing eyes are creeping him out. So, we took all the stickers down and I've been leaving a dim light on at night. That seems to have fixed the problem since he's back to sleeping in his own room now.We planned on surprising Connor and watching the Polar Express at the River Front Park IMAX, but when we got there we found out the movie reel was bad. Bummer! He loves that movie. So, instead we went to visit Santa Claus. Our timing was perfect! We didn't even have to wait long.
Yeah, Santa Claus!
Connor's Christmas list this year: "Giant rocket, Giant airplane, Giant Spiderman" Apparently he wants all his gifts super-sized. I'm not sure where the rocket idea came from. Last year Jason bought him a small remote control airplane that they fly around the house. Connor saw a commercial for a bigger remote control airplane with a digital camera that you fly around and download the video footage. Probably a little advanced for a 3 year old, but that's what he wants. He told us he asked Santa to bring him a Giant rocket. Immediately after he got concerned because he forgot to tell Santa to bring him the Giant airplane too. We told him we could write Santa a letter with the Giant airplane. His memory is incredible... as soon as we got home he got out his notebook and drew a picture of a Giant rocket and Giant airplane for Santa. He's also asking Santa for some Peter Pan books.
Since our IMAX movie was a bust... we stopped at Mobius for some fun. Connor loves going there.
He always has to spend time in the Hut making Jason and I dinner.
After Mobius we went to Red Robin for some lunch. Connor's beverage of choice: chocolate milk, while I enjoy a freckled (strawberry) lemonade.

No comments:
Post a Comment