Thursday, July 1, 2021

CDA

 We decided to have Kaiden work with the same tutor for reading that Connor worked with. Kaiden was actually reading really good at the beginning of the year, but that's when we were doing on-line schooling and I was basically home schooling and working with him every day. I stopped doing all that when he went back to school full time. He's at school 6 hours a day and I assumed they would be working on reading skills some during that time?!? At the end of the school year he was reading worse than when he started going to school. Ugh! Today was his assessment with Kristin at her new office in Coeur d'alene, Idaho. Connor came with me and we checked out 2 book stores while we waited. Kaiden tested at the beginning of 1st grade, so he has a little catching up to do. Afterwards we checked out 2 more book stores- both boys came home with 4-5 books. Connor found 3 new book series that he's interested in reading. We also stopped at down town CDA for some ice cream- Connor got water melon, Kaiden got chocolate caramel. Then we let Kaiden play at their amazing park/splash pad. Connor and I sat in the grass and talked about his book he's writing. We also made a quick stop at a pet store to see about getting more critter food for Connor's toad. 

















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails