Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas cards

I have sent out Christmas picture cards every single year since I moved out on my own at age 18. I think most, if not all of the cards that I have made consist of just one big picture of our entire family. I prefer using just a single picture because you get a larger photo to keep and it's sometimes hard to really see the people in the smaller photos when they have multiple photos on the card.  Plus I just like the simplicity of the single photo. I used to include a Christmas letter in with my cards, but stopped writing a Christmas letter years ago when I started making this blog.   Instead I let people know the blog name so, if they wanted they could follow along and see updates of our family.  This year I was way ahead of the game. I had decorations up the day after Thanksgiving.  Since we haven't had a professional family picture taken this year, I set up my self timer and took my own family picture.  I had my Christmas cards ready to go before December. My Christmas shopping was done before December. So, since I had free time I spent one afternoon writing a fun Christmas poem. I used to write poems all the time in high school. I haven't wrote a poem forever.  Anyway I wrote the following poem and included it with my Christmas cards that I sent out.  To my surprise I received a Christmas card from my aunt Gena with a short letter included and she added my Christmas poem to the bottom of her letter she sent out too.  The biggest form of flattery! It warms my heart to know my little poem brought a smile to someone's heart.  If you notice it spells Christmas on the left side and each line has rhyming words.

Christmas is a time for loving, sharing and giving. It's hope reborn again. For peace and understanding. 

Houses and trees adorn with lights that twinkle even brighter. Friendly hugs get just a little bit tighter.

Ringing bells and jolly carols, the sounds of Christmas joy. Stockings filled for every girl and boy.

In every city there's smiling faces, giving and receiving warm embraces.

Spirit of Christmas fills the air, as people show how much they care.

The spell of pies and cakes galore. With cookies and milk left thoughtfully for Santa by the door.

Merry hearts sing with cheer, as families and friends all draw near.

All because God's love came down, to light our way all over town.

So we celebrate at Christmas time, Our Lord and Savior, holy, divine!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails