We're horrible rotten parents OR we're the best parents ever! I guess it depends on who's perspective your looking at. We went Christmas shopping today. Since we were shopping during Li'l C's nap time he went down for his nap as soon as we got home. And as soon as he woke up we all headed down to his play room to check out his new loot! Yep, we kept it a surprise for a whole whopping 2 hours. Typically J and I break down and open all our Christmas presents from each other about 1-2 weeks before Christmas.
So, what did he get? A magnetic dry erase board, magnetic letters and numbers, 10 stack and nest numbered cups, shape sorter toy, nerf football, and a Spiderman chair. J's actually been wanting to get him a mini recliner, but I don't think he's old enough for something like that, so we settled on a soft foam chair for now.
By the way J was cleaning out his den and came across my old cell phone... which is what Li'l C is playing with in his new chair. I think that was his favorite toy. Oh and disclaimer- I don't dress my kid like a dork. He wore blue cords today, but I didn't think they would be comfortable to nap in so I changed him into these dorky red sweats to sleep in... when he woke up we were too excited to get him down to check out his goodies to change his clothes back.Have I meantioned how much Li'l C LOVES cats? This morning there was a Disney show on with cats. He doesn't typically watch TV, but when he realized the show was about cats he dropped everything and was glued to the screen.
So, today we went to the library to check out some new books. I found a couple kids picture books with cartoon cats in them and then this adult book with actual pictures of cats. Can you guess which book is his favorite? Okay, so I'm thinking my son is trying to tell me he's ready to attempt potty training?!? He's 15 months so I'm not expecting miracles, but yesterday he grabbed one of his diapers and put it on the toilet. He then proceded to try to lift the toilet lid while making grunting noises... and um... doing some business. Last week J went into the bathroom and shut the door. Li'l C went over and grabbed one of his diapers from the changing table and shoved the diaper under the bathroom door. We both laughed and thought it was pretty clever of him, but since he's brought 2 diapers into the bathroom in the last week... I think he might be trying to tell us he's ready?!?
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment