Sunday, December 8, 2013

Master Chef and our tree

We finally finished the wood floors... well mostly anyway.  We still have the den and stairs, but the rest of the house is completed.  Connor (AKA Master Chef) decided to make pancakes for breakfast.  Connor and I occationally watch the cooking channel together.  He likes to be my little helper in the kitchen, but this time I was his helper.  He actually made the pancakes (mostly) all by himself. 


mixing up his pancake batter
I assisted him in the pouring of the batter and helped with the flipping.  He actually did most of it himself, but I was there guarding to make sure he wasn't too close to the pan. 

He did a great job and they tasted excellent!  Thank you Master Chef Connor!!  Your amazing!
After breakfast we decorated our Christmas tree and put out more Christmas decorations.

Connor actually made this turkey at school for Thanksgiving...  it says he's thankful for Mom, Dad, his secret baby (because at that point we didn't know if it was a boy or girl), for food.. and I can't remember the other feathers.  I got a laugh out of the secret baby though.
So, since the doctor is predicting this little boy to be around the 5 pound mark at birth... I bought a premie outfit so we could get an idea of just how tiny this little guy will be (and how small Connor was).  I put the premie outfit on one of Connor's bears so he could get used to holding the baby.


Connor is such a sweet and gentle kid.  He's a good listener and follows directions.  I'm constantly getting complements everywhere we go about how polite he is.  His school teacher who has been teaching for a long time even said she has never seen a kid as polite as Connor.  He always says please, thank you and excuse me.  He never pushes, shoves or takes things.  He waits his turn.  He's always offering to help, whether it's another child who needs help or an adult.  In fact he typically spends his recess helping the recess monitor outside instead of playing... by choice because he says he likes to be helpful.  He's very sensitive to others needs and if he sees a child hurt or upset he's the first one to run over and offer a hug or to help them.  In fact he can sense if Jason or I feel sad without us saying or doing anything and he hugs us and asks whats bothering us.  Connor really truly is an amazing child, unlike any other.  I know I'm probably bias because he's my amazing child, but I hear the same thing from everyone who meets him too.  Even strangers who observe him in a store go out of their way to tell me how amazing he is.  I'm very blessed to have such an incredible son.  I look forward to meeting my second son and learning his personality... Connor has set the bar pretty high.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails