Last room in the house to install new wood floors... the den. Before Jason put in the wood floors though I decided to paint the room. I hate white walls. They just look unfinished to me. Jason on the other hand would have only white walls if it was left up to him. But he agreed to let me paint the lower half of the walls to cover the spot that Connor drew a picture with marker a while ago. We didn't want to buy a gallon of paint just for the lower half of the wall... so we decided to see if any of the paints we had sitting around would work. We decided on the dark brown in the center.
I taped off the wall just above the marker picture. I've been wanting to try out a straight line in the center of a wall so this was a good test. I used the trick I had heard of before and that seemed to work good for my friend, Carrie... I applied a thin line of caulk to the bottom of the tape.
The paint fumes were horrible... even with the window open. So, I wore a mask and worked fast.
The finished product. I love the color! It looks fabulous with the dark rich tones of the wood floor! And the caulk worked amazing to leave a perfectly straight line. I love it! Now I need to pick colors for the babies room so I can try out some more straight lines in there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment